At Spark the Journey, we are unyielding partners of students and mentors, providing a unique combination of mentoring programs and wraparound services that see the whole person so that young adults can thrive. Our team ensures that mentors and mentees have what they need to succeed—even providing direct emergency funding for rent, groceries, or utilities so that young people have one less thing to worry about.
Benefits of becoming a Spark mentor:
- Build a meaningful relationship with a high school or college student
- Help your mentee develop the skills needed to complete college and/or excel in the workforce
- Network with other mentors and build a shared community
- Increase opportunity and economic mobility for our young people
Our mentors build trusting, long-lasting relationships that support young people as they grow into adulthood. We stay by their side through the challenges that surely come. As many of our mentees put it, their mentors are more than just mentors, and that distinction makes a big difference.
- Meet with your mentee twice a month, either on your own time or at a Spark event
- Speak with your mentee once a week by phone or video chat
- Attend bi-monthly trainings with our team of youth development professionals
- Commit to supporting your mentee for at least one year